Friday, June 24, 2011

The Griddle Cafe

Oh. Dear. Lord.

I had forgotten that I ate here the last time I came out 2 years ago. We had to wait in line outside for about 10 minutes or so, as if we were going to a nightclub. You know the food is good when you have to wait in line. As we were waiting, I remembered their pancakes. I can't even explain how big they are, but I do have a picture so you can see. It's coming in a bit.


After looking at the 4 page breakfast menu (they also serve lunch and dinner), it was an easy choice. Well, actually, it was really hard. They have over 20 kinds of pancakes...some of which are filled with oreos (OREOS!) and their featured pancake, the red velvet pancake smothered in cream cheese icing. They have cookie dough french toast, which is coated with Cookie Crisp cereal. Seriously....I'm surprised my brain could still function after getting through the pancake pages. Once I hit the egg pages, I honed in on the perfect breakfast. My favorite breakfast of all time is eggs benedict. The Griddle Cafe doesn't just have eggs benedict (actually, they don't have standard eggs benny), they have "Poached y Papas" benedict. It's 2 eggs, poached, served over a giant slab of ham, all of which is served over potato skins and hollandaise sauce.

My brain is mush when I look at this...
And here are Bryan's "Eyes Wide Open" pancakes, that have a shot of espresso and chocolate chips in them.

There's 3 of them on that plate...

We got to sit at the counter, which gives you a view into the kitchen. Our waitress looked like she just crawled out of a rave circa 1996 (I think she was hiding the glow sticks in her pockets). The other waiters were all tall and tan men who were very attractive, until one of them mentioned to the people next to us that he played water polo for 7 years. I was then reminded that I was in L.A. and everyone has their kitschy activity. He now plays beach volleyball.

Into the kitchen....
Currently, I am waiting for Bryan to get his hair cut, then who knows what we're gonna do.

No comments: