Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Homemade Tortilla Chips

Since I made my Shrimp Enchilada Bake yesterday, I had tons of leftover corn tortillas. They are sold in packs of 30...who is going to use 30 corn tortillas for one dinner? I figured I'd bake some and make them into chips instead of wasting them, like I always end up doing. It's quick, easy, and way healthier than fried chips.

Homemade Tortilla Chips

corn tortillas (I used 8)
salt and seasonings (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Stack tortillas and cut into quarters.
3. Spread out the pieces onto cookies sheets. Lightly spray each side of the tortillas with olive oil spray (or any cooking spray will suffice). If you want to use salt or seasonings, sprinkle them on both sides as well.
4. Bake for 5-10 minutes (watch closely!) until just lightly browned. The corners may curl up a bit.

Some good idea for seasonings would be salt, garlic, chile powder or chipotle rub! I made my plain so I could dip them in salsa.

Chips!

No comments: