Sunday, April 21, 2013

Crock Pot Lemon Pepper Chicken

Today is the last day of April vacation. Tomorrow I head back to my classroom and to my kiddos. I attempted to bake cupcakes last Monday and failed. After that, I didn't attempt any new recipes all week. I prepare my vacations for nothing but cooking and then never do any of it. I put off all of my grocery shopping until today as well. I did enjoy my vacation, however, so that's all that matters.

I spent today planning a presentation, cleaning and doing massive amounts of laundry. A crock pot meal was exactly what I needed.

Crock Pot Lemon Pepper Chicken
from The Recipe Critic

3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tbsp butter
1 packet Italian dressing/seasoning
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup chicken broth

1. Rinse chicken breasts and trim of visible fat.
2. Combine flour and pepper in a shallow dish. Coat chicken breasts with the flour mix.
3. Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken on all sides.
4. Place browned chicken in your crock pot. Sprinkle Italian dressing mix on top.
5. Combine the lemon juice and broth and pour over the chicken breasts.
6. Cook on low for 3-4 hours. (Mine was ready after 2.5 hours)

I served my chicken with rice. I spooned a little of the lemon broth over my chicken to keep it moist.


No comments: