Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Carrots

Tonight I made the juiciest chicken ever. I constantly complain that my chicken always comes out too dry, but not tonight.

Today was rainy and cold and gross. And, it's the end of April. It should be warm. I'll take rainy, but no more cold! Roasting just seemed like a good idea. I got the idea from a roast chicken recipe I saw on Foodgawker. I glanced at it and saw some roasted veggies that then had chicken placed on top and roasted a little longer. I decided I could wing tonight's recipe. I'm glad I attempted it, because it came out great. Next time, I want more flavor, so I may add a rub to the chicken and some more seasoning to the veggies next time around.

But seriously, this was the juiciest chicken I've ever made....and maybe had...!!!
Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Carrots

3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, rinsed and trimmed of visible fat
1/2 bottle of Italian dressing
4 red potatoes, scrubbed, you can leave the skin on if you want
1 bag of baby carrots
1/2 packet Italian dressing/seasoning mix
olive oil

1. Marinate chicken breast in Italian dressing for as long as you'd like. I marinated mine for about an hour and a half.
2. Preheat oven to 350. Chop the potatoes and add to a baking dish. Add the carrots. Drizzle some olive oil over the veggies and sprinkle 1/2 packet of Italian seasoning over them. Stir to coat.
3. Cover with foil and roast for 1 hour.
4. Uncover and place marinated chicken breasts on top. Return to oven for 30-40 minutes.

 

I'm a total freak about cooking meat/poultry. I cut into my chicken to make sure it's done. Doesn't do much for presentation, but it allays my fears that I'm going to food-poison Dan and I....

No comments: