Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

As much as I love to cook, and as excited as I was to make this, I was more excited that Dan offered to make it. I haven't been in a class and haven't had homework in almost 4 years. I am currently taking a course in my district that is required by your third year teaching in the district. While I am learning many things and enjoy getting the opportunity to discuss things with colleagues in the district, homework still bites the big one. I sat down today, after I went to the grocery store, to go over my chapter and start writing a paper. Dan came home right as I realized I forgot to buy cheese for dinner. He was kind enough to go back to the grocery store and get the cheese. Then, I asked him to throw some water on the stove so I could boil the chicken soon. Before I knew it, he asked for the recipe and said he'd make it while I wrote my paper. That's true love right there folks, because I know Dan wanted to relax as much as I wanted to relax and he offered to make dinner.

This. Was. Fan. Tas. Tic. I'm always looking for casseroles that don't have mayo, because I think mayo is gross and that don't have too many veggies, because Dan thinks veggies are gross. I had this recipe up one time (from Pinterest of course) and Dan saw it and said "Umm, YES!". Well, today was the day his dream came true...and he even made it. This is definitely going to become a regular dish in our kitchen!

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
from Six Sisters' Stuff

3 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed (I boiled them)
1 pkg. chicken stuffing, prepared according to box directions
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
3 cups fresh broccoli florets
2 cups cooked, chopped ham
6 slices of extra thin Swiss cheese ( we used provolone)

1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. 
2. Mix soup and mustard in medium bowl; stir in chicken, broccoli and ham.
3. Spoon into 2-qt. casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with cheese slices and stuffing. 
4. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until heated through.









No comments: