Thursday, November 14, 2013

Easy Beef Noodles

I always wish I could focus my dinners into some sort of category. Weight Watchers friendly, Under 30 minutes, Budget Friendly....you know, some sort of theme. But, I'm all over the place when it comes to cooking. Quick meals and budget meals should be my focus however. I don't get a huge window of time when the dogs are calm enough for me to cook if Dan isn't home to entertain them, so quick meals are great. As for budget meals....we just bought a house, we're getting married next year, and it's the winter and we have oil heat. Enough said on that I think. I definitely need to focus on budget meals and better grocery shopping habits.

Tonight's meal was quick and pretty cheap. Which was great, because Lana was off the wall all afternoon and we leave to go to the vet in about 10 minutes. And cheap? Do I need to explain why saving money is a good thing?

Easy Beef Noodles
adapted from Kitchme

1 lb. stir-fry steak
2 tsp. sesame oil, divided
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can cut mini corn
handful of snow pea pods
1/2 cup shredded carrots
3 packages beef ramen noodles, with seasoning packets
2 and 1/4 cup water
1 tbsp. soy sauce

1. Heat 1 tsp of oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add steak and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from pan and keep warm.
2. Heat remaining oil. Add garlic and veggies. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and keep warm.
3. Add water to the pan with the ramen seasoning packets. Bring to a boil.
4. Break noodles in half and add to the pain. Cook until most of the liquid is absorbed.
5. Add the beef and veggies back in. Stir in the soy sauce and cook until everything is heated through.





Off to the vet we go!


No comments: