Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Party Cheesecakes

Happy National Cherry Cheesecake Day!

It's hard not to make cheesecakes on cheesecake day, especially when I had everything to make them except the cherry pie topping. Oh and the vanilla wafers. Now I have a whole box of wafers to deal with...

Cheesecake has always been my favorite dessert and when I was a kid, I was always overjoyed whenever I went to a party or event and someone made these mini cheesecakes. I thought they were the best and fanciest dessert ever.

Turns out they're the easiest dessert ever.

Since it's almost 10 at night, this post is short.  The recipe is one I thought of in my head, basing it off of what I remembered. I looked up how much sugar to add to the cheesecake mix though, because I wasn't quite sure. Go make yourself some mini cheesecakes to celebrate National Cherry Cheesecake Day!

Party Cheesecakes
from me

2 pkgs. cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. almond extract
2 tsp. vanilla extract
12 vanilla wafer cookies
toppings of your choice, I used cherry pie filling and dark chocolate pudding with strawberries

1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the egg and extracts and beat on medium until smooth.
3. Line a muffin tin with liners and place a wafer in the bottom of each tin flat side down. Spoon cheesecake mix into the muffin tins, filling 2/3 full. Bake for 22 minutes.
4. Let cool and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Top with toppings and serve!

* Cheesecakes will fall in the center as they cool. This is fine since you will be filling them!

Why are you sideways?


No comments: