Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Italian Parmesan Chicken

OK, so Dan and I started a Boot Camp on Sunday. I have to say, I was certainly sore until today, but not as sore as I thought I would be. They have a session Sunday at 8am and Wednesday at 6pm. So there's another one in 20 minutes...

I willingly and openly admit that we're not going tonight, and yes, we're sort of wusses. But, hear me out. Dan got home 5 minutes ago. At 5:35. He debated, do I not eat and try and go and pass out. Or, do I eat and go and puke. I debated the same, but I more so debated that it's going to be May tomorrow and it's 40 degrees out and raining. The boot camp is rain or shine. Yes, outdoors. So, yes, I already feel like a mini failure, but we will attend again on Sunday. And seriously, me getting up on a Sunday at 8am is an accomplishment on its own, so me getting up that early to exercise?!

Now that that's off my chest I can talk about some more exciting stuff. I got a new phone. No more iPhone for me, I have moved on to the Galaxy S5. It's already way better than the iPhone ever was. Not only did I upgrade and renew my contract, but my new plan is saving me over $20 a month than I was paying (score) AND I got a free tablet (double score). It's a pretty decent basic tablet too. Adding the tablet to my plan left me STILL saving money (triple score), AND my mom can get a free tablet too on the plan and it will still be cheaper (quadruple score).

It's a constant struggle for me to both find new recipes to make and to stick to a tight budget. Everything I want to make ends up costing way more than I want it to. I need to start setting aside some time to really plan my meals out along with my budget. But not worries, I will not become an extreme couponer. Does that even exist in a state where everything costs an arm and a leg??

This recipe might be one of my new favorite chicken recipes. It had more flavor than I expected and was cooked PERFECTLY. It's not always easy to get chicken nice and juicy and not overly cooked and dry. But not this time. The best part is, it's the easiest chicken recipe I've ever made. I also came up with it on my own!

Italian Parmesan Chicken

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 bottle of Italian dressing
about 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese

1. Place chicken and Italian dressing in a large Ziploc bag and let marinate for at least one hour in the refrigerator.
2. Preheat oven to 450 and grease a baking dish large enough to fit your chicken.
3. Pour cheese onto a plate. Dredge chicken through the cheese coating both sides. Place in baking dish.
4. Bake for 20-30 minutes until cooked through.

I served mine with garlic butter corn and a microwave steamer side.



No comments: