Sunday, January 11, 2015

Easy Chocolate Chip Danish

The Christmas decorations are finally all packed up and put away. This is late for me to keep them hanging around, and yet Christmas feels like it was months ago. Where has the time gone? Now that school is back, that means cheer is back and in full swing. That means I've got to finish choreographing their competition routine, I'm about 80% done. I don't think Dan appreciates the HOURS I spend listening to music clips, writing out 8-count sheets, and choreographing everything. Only a month and a half more then I get a cheer break until planning for the fall starts all over again.

I have become a crazy cheer coach...

However, I still get my baking in. Today was something easy that I had everything for already. This is an easy version of a Danish. You can basically change it up however you'd like. Add berries, jams, raisins, nuts, etc. I chose the chocolate chip version featured in the original recipe. This recipe was put together and baked in 30 minutes.

Easy Chocolate Chip Danish
from Pillsbury

1 can Pillsbury seamless crescent dough
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Roll out the crescent dough and roll it out a bit more to make an even rectangle. I recommend doing this on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat mat so you aren't trying to move it later.
3. Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until combined and smoothed. Spread along the middle of the dough, the long way. Sprinkle on chocolate chips.
4. Use a SHARP knife to cut about 1.5 inch diagonal cuts (see pic below) on each side.
5. Pull one side of over the cream cheese mix and pull the opposite side over that, making a criss-cross pattern. Repeat with each strip and cut off excess at the end.
6. Bake for 20-22 minutes until golden brown. Let cool and serve.





No comments: