Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Treats

Not having an oven is KILLING me. For meals, using the stove and crock pot is perfectly fine, but for baking...

I looked through my recipes to see of I had anything small-batch that could be made in the toaster oven. I came across this recipe and figured with the snow coming (and boy, it came) the dogs might like some homemade treats.

Well, we are at just about 3 feet of snow since last night, and it's not quite slowing down yet. School is off for tomorrow as well, and the road bans haven't been lifted. I'm just glad that Dan got to be home with me for this one, we've never gotten an actual snow day together.

This recipe is really easy and contains ingredients I have in my house at all times. Other than taking to small amount of time to roll it out, it was done and baked in under an hour.

Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Treats
from Will Cook For Friends

1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2 eggs
pinch of salt
2.5 cups whole wheat flour (if your dog can't have wheat, use brown rice flour)

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a large bowl mix together the pumpkin, peanut butter, eggs and salt.
3. Mix in the flour with a spatula or your hands (hands is WAY easier).
4. If it's too dry add in small amounts of more pumpkin, or small amounts of water.
5. Lightly flour some counter space and roll out the dough to 1/4" or 1/2" thickness. Cut into whatever shapes you like.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, then flip over and bake another 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
7. Make your dog do tricks for them.




She tucked a whole bunch in her mouth for fear I would take it away

Tess likes to parade around with her treats before she eats them

No comments: