Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Toaster Oven Apple Cinnamon Monkey Bread

You may have read my last post, the one where I mentioned that MY OVEN BROKE. I have been wallowing in that sadness all day today. After some thought, I decided to try and make it positive by looking up some toaster oven recipes. My toaster oven is relatively small, so I had some thorough research to do. I finally found this recipe that seemed perfect.



Well almost..

When you make this, I recommend baking the bottom layer of biscuit for 10-12 minutes to let it start cooking. I baked mine for 35 minutes, and the bottom biscuits were not cooked, barely at all, and the top was going to burn if I left it in any longer. If it had all come together the way it should have, it would have been great. I was only able to pick off some pieces from the top to eat. If you try it with my recommendation, let me know how it goes. I'll try this again sometimes and hopefully update this post with the right way to do it.

Toaster Oven Apple Cinnamon Monkey Bread
from Zag Left

1 can Pillsbury flaky buttermilk biscuits (I used 6 of them)
1 Granny smith apple, peeled and diced
2 tbsp. butter, melted
2 tbsp. brown sugar
2 tbsp. white sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

For the topping:
1 tbsp. butter, melted
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

1. Preheat toaster oven to 350. Butter an individual ramekin.
2. Break 6 biscuits into quarters and roll into balls.
3. Pour 2 tablespoons of melted butter into a large Ziplock bag. Mix the brown sugar, white sugar and cinnamon in a second large Ziplock bag.
4. Place the dough balls into the butter bag and shake to coat with butter. Transfer to the sugar bag and shake to coat with sugar.
5. Press a few dough balls into the bottom of the ramekin. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
6. Cover with diced apples. Cover those with another layer of dough balls.
7. Mix together the tablespoon of melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon and pour on top of the biscuits.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
8. Flip over onto a plate and watch the brown sugar mix melt down to the bottom. Eat!







No comments: