Saturday, January 3, 2015

Cool Ranch Chicken Tenders

Is it really Friday night already? Did my whole week off just pretty much come to an end already? I suppose when there's a holiday smack in the middle of your week it makes it go by faster. I was pretty busy all week as well. I still have 2 more days before I go back to work, but they're busy days, so I'll be back before I know it.

I wanted to bake some cookies today. I started some laundry and then decided to vacuum after laundry. When I was finishing up vacuuming, I got some ideas for a cheer routine for my team in my head, and sat down to write them down. Once I sit an do anything cheer related, it turns into 2 hours of cheer.

Speaking of cheer, we have our final fundraiser for my Pop Warner team tonight. A last hurrah and opportunity to raise some more money for the families that sent their girls to Disney for Nationals. I needed a quick dinner so Dan could eat something after a side job before we get ready to head out for the night. This is a great and quick weeknight dinner. I threw the chicken to marinate in the buttermilk when I got home from the grocery store and did all that stuff that kept me from baking. I threw some crushed up chips into my mini processor with some flour and coated the chicken with it. Threw that into the oven and some fries into the toaster oven and dinner was done. Between the holidays and busy schedule this week with many restaurant meals, it was nice to actually cook something and have a meal at home.

Cool Ranch Chicken Tenders
from Cookies and Cups

1.5 to 2 lbs chicken tenders
2 cups buttermilk
3/4 cup of flour
a few handfuls of Cool Ranch Doritos, crushed*
1/2 packet of ranch seasoning

1. Marinate chicken in buttermilk for 2-3 hours at least in the refrigerator.
2. Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray with cooking spray.
3. In a food processor, add the flour and a few handfuls of crushed Doritos. *I did about 4 handfuls, crushing them with my hands as I added them into the processor. Add the ranch seasoning. Process a few pulses until the chips are crushed to Panko-sized crumbs.
4. Place crumbs into a shallow dish.
5. Remove chicken from the buttermilk, letting the excess drip off. Dredge through the Dorito crumbs and place on a baking sheet.
6. Bake about 25 minutes until chicken is cooked through.

**So I started this post yesterday, but my pictures decided not to send, so I was finally able to upload them today. And they are terrible pictures at that....



No comments: