Monday, December 13, 2010

Asparagus Stir-Fry

I realize that it has been a week since my last post, but I had a lot of opportunities to not cook last week and I took them. It saved me some money (since I had been spending like crazy on food) and I was able to buy a couch yesterday! Not from saving that much money from not grocery shopping, but it gave me a little extra.

This past weekend I went out to dinner with the girls, had the ladies yankee swap, which had sooooo much good food, and bought my new couch. After grocery shopping for last night's dinner, I was glad I had only planned for one night of cooking. I had almost forgot that my cousin is here from Florida and we are having a Chinese food dinner tonight to celebrate.

I decided to make something I have made several times. I made Asparagus Stir-Fry. It's quick and easy and decently healthy.







Asparagus Stir-Fry
from: no idea???

4 tbsp. cooking oil, divided
1 cup sliced celery
4 cups fresh asparagus pieces
1/2 cup sliced green onions
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1" strips
2 tsp. grated orange peel
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp. orange juice concentrate
4 tsp. cornstarch

1. In a large skillet or wok, heat 2 tbsp. of oil over med-high heat. Stir-fry celery for 1 minute. Add asparagus and onions, and stir-fry 3-5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
2. Add remaining oil to the skillet. Stir-fry chicken, garlic and orange peel for 3-4 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
3. Combine the water, soy sauce, OJ concentrate, and cornstarch; add to skillet along with vegetables. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened and vegetables are heated through.
4. Serve over rice.

No comments: