Monday, December 6, 2010

Pasta Dish

The cold weather is already bumming me out. It was in the 30s today, and made me want to do nothing but cuddle under a blanket. Instead of grocery shopping, I scrounged through my cabinets to see what I could finagle with the supplies I had. That gave way to my Chicken Langostino Spicy Pasta Dish.

I used 3 kinds of pasta that I left in boxes. I had some fettuccine, spaghetti, and whole wheat spaghetti. I also had a jar of garlic and herb pasta sauce, frozen langostino tails, jalapeno and chili oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Langostino tails are like a mix of shrimp and lobster (at least I think so).
Mum came home and smelled my kitchen and asked if I had enough to share. Since I have no self-control when cooking pasta, I definitely had 3 full servings. She gave me some chicken to throw in, as the langostino tails were on the fewer side, and she made some garlic toast. She also supplied some shredded asiago cheese to top it with. Perfect!

There isn't really a recipe for this. I cooked the pasta and threw the langostino tails (which you can get at Trader Joe's) in a skillet over med-high heat with some jalapeno and chili oil and minced garlic. I sprinkled some red pepper flakes on top. I added the chicken (which was pre-cooked and just needed to be heated through) to the skillet later and added in more oil and pepper as needed to my taste. I threw a cup of pasta sauce in with my cooked pasta to lightly coat it. I served it all together on a plate.




I got my new Clean Eating magazine in today, and there are so many good recipes to try...can't wait!!!!



No comments: