Sunday, January 2, 2011

Green Chile & Cheddar Corn Muffins

Sometimes I read recipes and get really excited when I realize that I have everything needed for that recipe right in my cabinets (which isn't often since I shop per meal usually). Today was one of those days....until I realized I was missing something and got all bummed out. I went on with my day and ran some errands. While at CVS waiting for a prescription to be ready, I browsed the canned goods aisle (like you don't...) and found my missing ingredient - green chiles!

I just realized it's slightly sad that that comment merited an exclamation point.

Anyways, I came home and whipped up some Green Chile & Cheddar Corn muffins. They have 5 more minutes in the oven, so by the time they cook and I can take my final picture, I'll be able to finish this post and let you know. While I wait, I'm going to check out what Kelsey is making on the cooking channel (we're on a first name basis now).

Green Chile & Cheddar Corn Muffins

1 pkg (8.5 oz) JIFFY Corn Muffin Mix
1 egg, beaten
1/3 c milk
15.2 oz can whole kernel corn, well drained
1 c sharp cheddar cheese, grated
½ c onion, finely diced
4 oz can green chiles
2 tsp chili powder
½ tsp salt


Preheat oven to 350. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until just combined.Divide evenly into 12 greased muffin tins. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and set.

Things I have lying around

All mixed up

portioned out

all finished

Beautiful

They are super delicious and not nearly as spicy as I thought they'd be, which is good. It's got a nice hint of heat.

No comments: