Monday, January 17, 2011

Peanut Butter Pie

I wanted a really quick dessert to bring to the game celebration yesterday. And though the Pats weren't successful or impressive, my dessert was. I had 45 minutes to put something together, so I rummaged through some old recipe books and found one the first ones I had ever copied onto a recipe card.

I'm a sucker for anything peanut butter and chocolate.This dessert actually had no chocolate involved, but I made sure it did. My version is supremely better. I have no idea where I even got the original from.

Peanut Butter Pie

1/2 (8 oz) container cream cheese
3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup milk
1/2 (16 oz) container whipped topping
1 9" pre-made crust of any variety (I used oreo)

Beat together the cream cheese and sugar. Mix in the milk and peanut butter. Fold in the whipped topping. Pour into the pie crust and freeze for at least 2 hours. (This is the end of the original recipe. I winged it from here.) Melt two spoonfuls of peanut butter in a small bowl in the microwave. Drizzle over the top of the frozen pie. Cover with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, shaving, drizzle with chocolate sauce, whatever. I threw some dark chocolate chips into my magic bullet, hoping to grind them up. I overlooked the fact that the blade rotates fast, which creates heat, and it melted a majority of the chocolate to the blade. But I salvaged some chocolate dust and sprinkled it over the whipped topping.

This dessert was sensational, and was gone in under 3 minutes.

No comments: