Sunday, April 3, 2011

Salmon & Crab Stuffed Baked Potatoes

My Sunday consisted of going to an open house for random vendors. This included vendors that sold Lia Sophia jewelry, Silpada jewelry, Stella & Dot jewelery, one of those "trade in your gold" ladies, Tastefully Simple, and Pampered Chef. I am proud to say that I did not buy any jewelry, though I was very temped to buy a gorgeous $88 ring. Instead, I bought a couple Pampered Chef items, like a manual food processor and an egg slicer. I really wanted new knives, but good knives are so expensive!

I think I spent a solid hour going through recipes today trying to decide what to make for dinner tonight. Nothing sounded good...unless it had pasta in it. Few more weeks.....

I finally narrowed it down to 2 recipes, the second which I will make tomorrow night. I settled on the Salmon Stuffed Potatoes for tonight, and tweaked it slightly. I was a little weary of this recipe. I found it in my first recipe book I ever compiled, which is full of recipes that I will probably never make, as my tastes have changed in the past 7 years (yes, I was 19 when I started writing down recipes...I didn't even cook back then!). This recipe contains smoked salmon, which I've never eaten until today. I'm not sure how I feel about it. The salmon is pretty masked in this recipe, and even though I love raw salmon and cooked salmon, smoked salmon remains iffy in my book. I had some crab surimi in my fridge, so I chopped some up and threw it in to use it up. It might be fake crab, but it's delicious.

Salmon Stuffed Baked Potatoes
from who knows....

3-4 medium baked potatoes
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
1 tbsp. butter
salt and pepper to taste
4 oz. smoke salmon, cut into small pieces
2 tbsp. green onions or chives, sliced

1. After baking the potatoes Let them cool. Once cooled enough to handle, cut a thin slice off of the tops. Scoop out the potato inside and set aside in a bowl.
2. Mash the potato reserves with sour cream and butter. Add salt and pepper and stir.
3. Fold in salmon (and anything else you might want to add, like crab).
4. Top with onions or chives.

I found that the potato filling cooled down quite a bit as I added everything and mixed it up. I baked my potatoes in the oven for 10 minutes at 350. I then sprinkled some shredded cheddar on top and popped them back in the oven until the cheese melted.

I had mine with a side of parmesan risotto. Yum!

Flower plates do not make for good photo opportunities.

I also have Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins in the oven right now. You can find the recipe here.

No comments: