Friday, November 26, 2010

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

So today is using up leftovers day...except I mainly used non-Thanksgiving leftovers. For this recipe, I didn't use any Thanksgiving leftovers. I wanted to use up the rest of the bananas I had after my attempted Banana Cream Pie....which ended up more like Banana Cream Soup. Oh well, next time, I will perfect it.

I started by mashing some bananas with some melted butter

Then added vanilla, egg and sugar

Then sprinkled on some baking soda and salt from an elephant

Mixed in some flour

Folded in some chocolate chips

Which all magically mixed together and turned into muffins!


Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

3 or 4 mashed bananas
1/3 cup melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1.5 cups of flour
1 cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease muffin tin.
2. Mix mashed bananas with the melted butter.
3. Add vanilla, sugar and egg and mix until incorporated.
4. Sprinkle baking soda and salt on top of mixtures and stir it in.
5. Add the flour and mix well.
6. Fold in the chocolate chips.
7. Pour mixture into muffin cups, filling cups 3/4 full.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes then cool on a wire rack.

I am not a huge banana fan, but apparently this week banana was just calling my name. At least I did not have 2 failed banana dishes. These were delicious and my kitchen smelled wonderful...until I made lasagna roll-ups and masked the banana scent.

No comments: