Friday, November 26, 2010

Lasagna Roll-ups

Yesterday, I made Butternut Squash Lasagna for Thanksgiving. The recipe can be found under my September archives. I decided to cook the entire box of lasagna noodles, just in case I wanted to make the lasagna bigger, and if not, then I would use them for roll-ups. The roll-ups won that battle.

I looked up some recipes trying to find one that incorporated what I had in my fridge. After reading many that required spinach (that I wish I had) and Italian sausage (which isn't my favorite), I decided that it would be easy enough to wing it. I crossed my fingers and got to work.

I started with the noodles

And topped them with a yummy cheesy mixture

Followed by some ground beef

And some marinara

Rolled them up tight

Baked them

Put one on a plate and ate it!

Lasagna Roll-ups

6-8 lasagna noodles, cooked al dente
7-8 oz. ricotta cheese (i used fat free ricotta)
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella + some to top
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1.5 tsp oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 to 1/2 lb of ground beef
marinara sauce

1.Preheat oven to 325.
2. Brown ground beef in a skillet over med-high heat.
3. In a bowl, mix together cheeses, eggs, oregano, garlic and onion powder.
4. Lay out lasagna noodles. Top with heaping spoonfuls of cheese mixture, ground beef, and marinara sauce. Roll up and place in a glass baking dish with marinara sauce on the bottom.
5. Top with more marinara and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over rolls and bake for another 10 minutes.

I wish I had added in more garlic, either fresh minced garlic or cooked the ground beef in garlic. Other than that they were awesome. While I waited for them to cook I snacked on a warm Chocolate Chip Banana Muffin.

Can't beat a day of easy no-fuss cooking and relaxation!

No comments: