Monday, November 1, 2010

Such a Letdown

Tonight, I tried a papaya for the first time. What a letdown. I halved it, seeded it, cut it up, and then I ate a piece. Instead of hearing bells and whistles, all I heard was the sound of my tongue continuously smacking, trying to summon more flavor...or get rid of the flavor. Either way, I switched to a mango and achieved satisfaction.

That's pretty much all I have to say in this post...though I could update you all on my lovely new kitchen purchases I made tonight.

I bought new cutting boards, a citrus juicer, a new santoku knife, an oil drizzler bottle thingy (do those have a specific name? They probably do and I now sound like a bigger amateur cook than I already am...), a new can opener, some magnetic clips, and some tabletop decor. I almost bought some fun napkins, chair cushions, and curtains, but they didn't have the curtains I wanted. I also saw some fantastic pillows, but they were $24 a piece (at Target!). They will match the new living room once it gets painted and a new couch is in place. \

Did I mention I am redecorating? My living room/kitchen is one room and it is mauve (yes, mauve, mom). I have some old furniture from my parents, which consists of a couch and over-sized chair that are hunter green. They are so, so, so comfy....by my cushions are literally tearing off the couch and vomiting out the stuffing. Plus, they are hunter green...with mauve walls and mauve blinds. While my pillows are dark and my kitchen scheme is black and red. I need some flow and consistency in this place. When all is said and done, I will take some photos and show the newly decorated place. I redecorated my bedroom a couple of months ago, and it is still a work in progress. I used to love everything in black and white, but I added lots of color. I got a nice bright floral bedspread, blue nightstands from Ikea, repainted my dresser, got a new smaller dresser, and lots of new artwork for the walls. So far, it's a great improvement.

This post ended up being pretty long for only wanting to say that I don't care for papayas. I didn't cook tonight, I mooched some fajitas. Tomorrow I will make what I had planned for tonight. For now, you'll just have to wait in suspense.

Also! I have to add something to my wishlist. A standing mixer...preferably a really good one...and they cost around $250. Laurin gave me an immersion blender, so that can be crossed off.

No comments: