Monday, November 29, 2010

Bourbon Stuffed Peppers

I've mentioned on here before that I've been to some Tastefully Simple parties (and am going to another one this Friday). I've bought some of there dip mixes and glazes, etc. I've been dying to try their Bayou Bourbon Glaze, and had a recipe planned for WEEKS. Sunday, I chose an all new recipe to use it in all-together. I went to the product's website, where they have tons of recipes you can use their products in and chose one that sounded more appealing. I went with stuffed peppers because I love the. Simple as that. One thing I do regret is not conferring my dinner plans with Mum. She made chili. I wanted her food, she wanted my food. Luckily there are leftovers.


Bourbon Stuffed Peppers
from here

4 -5 green bell peppers
1 lb. ground beef
1 Tbsp. Garlic Garlic™
1 Tbsp. Onion Onion™
3 Tbsp. Bayou Bourbon™ Glaze
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 cups cooked rice
2 (8 oz.) cans tomato sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions
Cut tops off each pepper; remove seeds and set aside. In a large pan, brown ground beef and drain. Add remaining ingredients except for cheese; simmer for 2-3 minutes. Fill each pepper with mixture. Place in an 8 x 8 pan. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Top each pepper with cheese and bake an additional 10 minutes. Makes 4 servings. 



There was enough mix to fill 5 peppers. I also didn't have Worcestershire sauce like I thought I did, and I used Cheddar Jack cheese because I had it on hand. I also didn't have a charged phone to take photos. They looked good though...promise!


I have my dessert in the oven right now, and once it comes out I will snap a photo of it and it will be posted!

No comments: