Monday, November 29, 2010

Berry-berry Streusel Bars

The meeting I was supposed to go to tonight got canceled...thankfully. But, that means I know have these streusel bars sitting on my counter.....

I wanted to make something easy and quick, and this was pretty simple. They are still cooling but they smell delicious!



Berry-berry Streusel Bars
from Bon Appetit: Fast Easy Fresh

Crust:
1.5 cups old-fashioned oats 
1.5 cups all purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) chilled, unsalted butter, cut into small pieces

Filling:
1 12-oz. package frozen blueberries, thawed
2/3 cup raspberry jam
5 tsp all purpose flour
1.5 tsp minced lemon peel

For the crust: preheat oven to 375. Mix the first four ingredients together. Add the butter and rub into mixture with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press half of the mixture into a buttered 9x13x2 glass baking dish. Bake crust until lightly brown, about 15 minutes. Cool slightly.

For the filling: Mix all ingredients in a bowl.

Spread the filling over the crust and sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over fruit. Bake until topping is golden, about 35 minutes. Cool in pan.

My phone is now not letting me send pictures to my email. I will have to edit this later.

No comments: