Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies

I finally got around to making cookies, which I am vigilantly watching on the cooling racks because my cat loves them. My goal for the rest of the night is to plan out my dinner for tomorrow and Sunday, and plan out my contributions to the Thanksgiving dinner. My family has been asking for the Butternut Squash Lasagna, so I'll probably do that, and I'm thinking Caramel Apple Cheesecake.

Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies
from an Ocean Spray ad in Everyday with Rachel Ray

Ingredients:
2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar (I used light)
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 6-oz. package of dried cranberries (this recipe is from Ocean Spray, so they call for their brand)
2/3 cup white chocolate chips or chunks

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter or margarine and brown sugar together in a medium bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, mixing well.

3. Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition. Stir in dried cranberries and white chocolate.


4. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.



Yield - 3 dozen cookies. (The recipe said 2.5 dozen, but I made 3 and used tablespoonfuls. It makes a lot.)

I haven't made cookies in such a long time, so I was pretty excited about these. They are simple and great for snacking.

In the time it has taken to me to fully update this post, they have cooled completely and I stored them in a ziploc bag....which had to be moved to on top of my fridge because my cat was trying to claw it open. He is currently destroying a white pillow by sprawling out on it and shedding his dark gray fur all over it. Oh pets....

No comments: