Thursday, April 12, 2012

Buttermilk Dips

I know in my last post I said I was going to make an effort to post more, and have more pictures, but the progress is slow...

I've had a horrendous couple of weeks at work, which results in me making things like frozen chicken tenders and mac and cheese for dinner...or hoping that Dan wants to cook (which he did a few times, thankfully). We had a really yummy stuffed pork tenderloin the other night. He stuffed his with cheese and pesto, while I stuffed mine with provolone, feta, roasted red peppers and pesto. It was awesome.

I racked my brain yesterday trying to remember what food we had at home that I could use. I'm really bad about buying frozen stuff and not using it, so the freezer never has any room for the good stuff, like the raspberry chocolate chip ice cream Dan brought home for me. I settled on some frozen battered shrimp from Trader Joe's and fries. I did come up with some dipping sauces from a recipe I remember seeing. I don't remember the original source, but one I pretty much remembered from the recipe and the second sauce I created on my own.


Sriracha Buttermilk Dip

1/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tbsp. sriracha

Whisk all ingredients together until combined and smooth.

Garlic Pesto Buttermilk Dip 

1/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tbsp. crushed garlic
2 tbsp. (or to taste) Tastefully Simple Garlic Pesto Seasoning

Whisk all ingredients together until combined and smooth.

 

No comments: