Sunday, April 22, 2012

Crock Pot BBQ Ranch Ribs

I'd really like to call this recipe Sweet Jesus Holy #%$& Ribs...it seems more suiting. But, it's not very telling of what kind of ribs they are, other than extremely, amazingly delicious. I am shoveling for-fulls of them into my mouth as we speak.

It's Sunday. It's raining. Bruins are tied in game 6 vs. the Capitals. We need to win this game. The ribs are helping me de-stress as I watch and cringe. Oh, hockey!

I pretty much followed the recipe I found for these, other than I really used a ton of ranch dressing mix and the cooking time should be lessened a bit, just under 4 hours would probably do.

Crock Pot BBQ Ranch Ribs
from Picky Palate

2.5 - 3 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
2 packets ranch salad dressing mix
1.5 cups ketchup
3 tbsp yellow mustard (I used Dijon)
4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp white vinegar
1.5 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp honey
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Pinch of salt

 1.Preheat crock pot to high heat.
2. Coat ribs in ranch dressing mix. Place in preheated crock pot.
3.  Place ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, honey, pepper and salt into a large bowl, mixing until combined. Pour BBQ sauce over ribs spreading evenly.
4. Close crock pot lid and cook 4-5 hours on high heat. (Check at about 3.5 hours, and check a few times and spoon more liquid over any ribs that are not covered in liquid to prevent drying out).

Sweet Jesus Holy #$%^& Ribs

No comments: