Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sugar Cupcake Shoppe

Well, well, well... vacation week is now more than halfway over. I did not bake something new every day like I said I would, but I have learned that I should stop planning. I should just wake up in the morning and decide if I have time to bake, then if I do, I should bake. I've had butter sitting out for 2 days so it would be room temp for the recipe, but still no baking was done. Ugh.

Today, my mom took the day off. We had some lunch and then I finally got over to the new cupcake place in town, Sugar Cupcake Shoppe. I of course left with a half dozen cupcakes to try.

Here's what we got:

S'Mores Cupcake 

Pina Colada Cupcake

Strawberry Shortcake Cupcake

Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcake

Oreo Cupcake

Mocha Cupcake

Of course, I dug right in...


The S'Mores cupcake is sugar overload. I took the tiniest bite of it and couldn't eat another. It's definitely something to eat if you didn't just eat lunch and aren't trying other cupcakes.

The Strawberry Shortcake was great. A nice lighter cake with fresh strawberries under the light-tasting frosting.

The Mocha one had a more sugary frosting, but great flavor. My mom chose that one and I only had one tiny bite.

The Oreo Cupcake I didn't try. I bought it for Dan and he didn't share...

The Hazelnut one was pretty good as well. A thicker more sugary frosting, but still great.

The Pina Colada was my favorite. Little bits of pineapple at the bottom of the cake with a pineapple glaze (I think) under the frosting.

I have a half or more of each cake left to eat later.


Also, today I tried a new food:
CRAWFISH! 
 It was good, tasted like lobster. I only had one, because I felt like I should eat them properly prepared and not at a subpar chinese restaurant. Can you see my calamari and crab rangoon next to it??

If you're in the Westford area, be sure to check out Sugar Cupcake Shoppe. And, check their facebook for their daily specials. Word on the street is that they have sold out every day since opening. Now if only I could be that successful with baking....

No comments: