Sunday, April 22, 2012

Peanut Butter Truffle Banana Bread Muffins

I may not have baked every day like I planned, but I did double duty (triple if you count the bloody mary) today. After the ribs were done, Game 6 got intense. It was all tied up, 3-3 and we went into overtime. I don't do very well just sitting alone and watching the Bruins, so I needed a project...and baking it was.

I planned on making these earlier in the week and had already bought bananas for it. I grabbed all my supplies and got to work, turning my back on the TV. I put them in the oven just in time to watch Seguin score the game-winning goal, and breathed a sigh of relief. The bruins won and muffins were in the oven. All in all, a good Sunday.

Peanut Butter Truffle Banana Bread Muffins
from Picky Palate

1 and 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2 large ripe bananas or 3 small
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup light packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 cup buttermilk
1 and 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 12 cup muffin tin (or more, there is plenty of batter) with cupcake liners.
2. Place peanut butter and powdered sugar into a medium bowl, mixing until well combined. With a small cookie scoop, scoop evenly into the bottom of lined cupcake cups.
3. In a large bowl mash bananas until well mashed. Stir in sugars, egg and buttermilk until well combined. Slowly add flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon until just combined. Evenly scoop batter over peanut butter truffle filled cups, about 3/4 full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until cooked through. Let cool completely and serve.

These are definitely more like banana bread, with that moist, sticky texture. And if I make these again in the future, I would do half of a spoonful of peanut butter in the muffins cups, the peanut butter truffle is pretty dense and overwhelming. A smaller amount would compliment the muffin better.

Also, there is enough to make two batches (24 muffins), so don't waste like I did :(

Photo with awkward flash....

No comments: