Monday, October 21, 2013

Chicken Potato Bake

Yesterday at the grocery store, I had planned on getting something easy to make for dinner tonight, like a lasagna or something. But, as I was walking past the potatoes, I remembered a recipe I saw somewhere on Pinterest that was a chicken and potato bake type thing. I figured I could create my own pretty easily, so that's what we had tonight.

At first, I debated tossing the chicken and potatoes in some of my sweet 'n smoky chipotle rub, but then I decided to marinate the chicken in some Italian dressing. Here's what I came up with...

Chicken Potato Bake

1 lb. chicken breasts, about 3, cut into chunks
3-4 russet potato, scrubbed and cut into chunks (I used 4, could've used 3)
1 cup Italian dressing
4-5 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

1. Marinate chicken chunks in Italian dressing for at least 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 baking dish. (I think mine was actually a bit smaller)
3. Spread half of the potatoes on the bottom of the baking dish. Top with chicken chunks, half the bacon and half the cheese. Top with remaining potatoes, bacon and cheese.
4. Bake for 1 hour, covered. Uncover and bake for another 30 minutes.

Already dug into...


No comments: