Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pistachio Bread

Sometimes when you bake, you learn lessons. The lesson of this recipe is - don't forget the sour cream. There are only 6 ingredients, so how I forgot one is beyond me. But the other lesson learned is, even if you forget the sour cream, this recipe is still really good. I actually didn't even realize that I forgot the sour cream until two hours later. Everyone still loved it. I'm going to have to make it the right way to compare.

Again, this is part of my recent mini bread kick. I made this the same night as my last post about the Red Velvet Banana Bread. They each took about 10 minutes to mix up and then another 30 to bake. I also made a cake that night too. This bread packs a nice punch of pistachio flavor, and the glaze makes it all the more tasty. This is one of those recipes that I almost always have every ingredient for. I even already had the pistachio pudding, but I needed a second box and sour cream. So I made the trip to store for those two items. even after the whole trip for it, I still forgot the sour cream. Maybe I tried to fit too much baking into one afternoon...

Pistachio Bread
from Lil Luna

1 box yellow cake mix
2 (3.5oz) boxes instant pistachio pudding mix
4 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1/8 cup water
1 cup sour cream

1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease and flour 4 mini loaf pans or 2 regular sized pans. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
2. Mix all ingredients together and divide batter evenly into the loaf pans.
3. Bake for 30-35 minutes and let cool.

Glaze:
2 tbsp. melted butter
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract

Whisk together and drizzle over breads.



                                                                                                                                                            

No comments: