Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Thin Mint Poke Cake

Last Friday was Dan's birthday. Even though I'm taking a cake decorating class, I didn't have time to make a fancy cake for him. Luckily, Dan loves this style of cake so I was able to make something quick and easy. I baked the cake on Thursday and finished all the toppings on Friday.

This post is going to be quick because I am finally fading after my three-day Atlantic City trip and really just need to lay my head on a pillow and be mellow. Not sure if Lana will let me do that, but I should try.

Thin Mint Poke Cake
from Something Swanky

1 box chocolate cake mix (plus water, oil, and eggs, as listed on the box)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar hot fudge sauce
1 box Thin Mint cookies
1 container Cool Whip
1 packet Duncan Hines Mint flavoring OR 1 tsp peppermint extract and some green food coloring
1 cup Andes Mint chips

1. Bake cake as directed and let cool. Use the handle of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the cake.
2. Pour the condensed milk over the cake, making sure it soaks into the holes.
3. Heat fudge sauce slightly, then pour over cake.
4. Crush half of the cookies and sprinkle over fudge sauce.
5. Mix the Cool Whip and flavor packet or extract and food coloring and spread over the cake.
6. Crush remaining half of cookies and sprinkle over Cool Whip and sprinkle on the Andes Mint chips.

Just realized that I never took a picture of this cake. Bummer, it was well liked by our party guests though!

No comments: