Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Red Velvet Banana Bread

The excitement and build up for my Atlantic City Trip is over. Another year of the three-day whirlwind that is the Ladies AC Trip has come and gone. We left Sunday at 8am and arrived back home tonight around 5:30pm. I need another 3 days just to recover. I won't give you too many details about the trip because,  "What happens in AC stays in AC"....

Before I left, however, I had mentioned some baking I did in a previous post. I can finally get down to posting those recipes now that the weekend and trip are over. I have 3 to post, but I may end up just sacking out on the couch before I can get to all of them!

I have a new-found love for bread. To be exact, for mini bread. To be even more exact, mini quick breads. I don't have time or patience to wait for those wait-to-rise-then-knead-forever breads. I'm talking whipping up a batter and baking it and eating it right away. That kind of bread.

I mean mini bread.

This quick bread is even quicker than you'd think with the use of red velvet cake mix as your base. You can certainly make your own red velvet cake mix, but for convenience sake, the boxed cake mix is great.

I don't know if I'm mentioned this in any previous posts but Wilton sells one of the greatest baking products ever. Bake Easy is a non-stick spray made for baking. It makes any baked good effortlessly release from the pan, and it gives a beautiful crust to the outside of cakes, making it easier to add the crumb coat. Get some if you do a lot of baking and hate the whole butter and flour your pan step.

Red Velvet Banana Bread
from Something Swanky

1 box red velvet cake mix
3 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1 cup (about 3) mashed bananas

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour bread pan(s). This makes 4 mini loaves or 1 9x5x3 large loaf.
2. Mix all ingredients together to make a batter and spoon into bread pans.
3. Bake 40-50 minutes for a large loaf and 30-35 minutes for small loaves. Let sit for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. Dust with powdered sugar if desired!




No comments: