Monday, October 25, 2010

Alfredo Tutto Giardino

And the sniffles continue.....

Even though soup would be the best meal option for my condition, pasta just sounded better (as it always does). I am continuing my streak of cooking Clean Eating recipes. In one of my issues they give recipes for 5 different sauces...and 3 ways to use each sauce (that's 15 recipes!!!). Tonight I chose the one of the alfredo dishes.

Alfredo Cream Sauce

1 cup 2% low-fat milk
2.5 tsp arrowroot
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
1/4 tsp nutmeg, ground
1/4 tsp ground white pepper

In a medium saucepan, whisk together milk and arrowroot. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring, until mixture comes to a simmer and thickens, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in cheese until melted. Whisk in yogurt, nutmeg and pepper. Cover and set aside. If necessary, re-warm over low heat before serving.

I added that some fettuccine with sauteed veggies.

1 each zucchini and yellow squash, diced
1/2 each red and yellow bell pepper, diced
1 cup trimmed and chopped green beans

I topped it all off with some scallions and more of the grated parmesan.

The low-fat yogurt makes the sauce a bit tart, but it's pretty healthy compared to regular alfredo sauce. There's about 101 calories in a 1/3 cup.


1 comment:

Kirsten Harr said...

I featured your recipe on my blog today! It was so tasty...thanks for sharing!! http://www.theforeigndomestic.com/2012/06/from-your-kitchen-to-mine-recipes-76-80.html