Monday, October 18, 2010

Unstuffed Pepper Soup

Today was a soup kind of day. But a really hearty soup kind of day. It's a busy week again for me...actually the next 3 weeks are busy. I try to squeeze every activity I possibly can in. Tomorrow I have dance team practice, my own dance class, I have to pick up my car after it gets its new brakes (and they said I need 4 new tires for $800...yeah right! Eff off.), and make some more stuff for Erin's party. Wednesday I'll be making shrimp tacos, stopping at the board meeting, and I'm gonna try and squeeze in some pool. Thursday it's dance team again, Gram's 82nd birthday dinner, and trivia. Thursday might be possibly be changed to a wake though, for my friend Evan who passed away on Saturday night. (R.I.P. Smooth)

ANYWAYS, on with the good stuff.

MMMM ground hamburg and peppers and onions....


Unstuffed Pepper Soup

1.5 lb ground beef (i used a little over 2lbs)
3 lg. green peppers, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
2 cans (14.5 oz) beef broth
2 cans (10.75 oz) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes, undrained
1 can (4 oz) mushroom pieces, drained
1.5 cups cooked rice

1. In a large saucepan, cook the beef, peppers and onions over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain.
2. Stir in the broth, soup, tomatoes and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add rice and heat through.

It was delicious! I had a nice hunk of crusty Italian bread with it. I wish I had thought ahead and gotten some bread bowls. I brought a thing of it over to my Gram and uncle as well...Gram was cooking shepherds pie mmmmm.....

Now I am off to make a second post (encore! encore!) of my kitchen wish list, and hope that all of you really want to buy me an item or two (or six...) from it.

P.S. - I got my Tastefully Simple order in today!!! Be prepared for me to turn into their spokeswoman in the near future, cooking up a storm and whoring out their products on my blog.

No comments: