Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Cheater

Before we kick off the cooking portion of this post, I would like to make a request. Anyone know anything about formatting blogs? I want a fun-looking blog that isn't anything I've used before. If anyone knows anything about how to obtain that, let me know!

After running a thousand errands after work, I was too tired to make a last stop at the grocery store for only 2 items needed for my dinner...so I cheated tonight. I have a couple of those "just add chicken" type of dinners in the cabinet, and finally used one tonight. I used one from the Macaroni Grill for a Creamy Basil Parmesan & Chicken Pasta. It turned out pretty yummy, though I felt somewhat let-down that I didn't make a home-cooked meal. Oh well, maybe on Sunday.



I am currently watching Julie & Julia, and think that maybe I should try to cook my way through a cookbook. Original idea - no. Delicious idea - yes! I need a healthy cookbook though...no more heavy foods. Of course, this will be interspersed with other recipes, because we all know I'll find some in the meantime that I JUST HAVE TO cook.

I ALMOST FORGOT! This beast is currently in my household at the moment:


Now I know you're all sitting there thinking "Why do you have a bald eagle encased in white crap in your home?". That my friends is no bald eagle (though it eerily and hilariously looks like one), it's a giant acorn squash. My mum is bringing to work tomorrow to give to the chef in the cafeteria. Though I would love to use it, I have no idea what to do with that much acorn squash, especially since I've never cooked with one before.

No comments: