Saturday, October 2, 2010

Quickie

Thursday, Friday and Saturday are no-cook nights. I tend to go out for my meals. Last night I went to a Tastefully Simple party, which sells all these great dip, soup, bread and dessert mixes and lists 12 ways to use each one. My dinner consisted of sampling a bunch of different dishes and I ended up ordering about $50 worth of stuff. Today I had lunch with my mum at Bamboo, a great Chinese/Japanese place in town. They have an awesome lunch buffet and I filled up on sushi, shu mai, and dumplings. Tonight, who knows.

The best part of my day so far was getting a pedicure this morning. As I was sitting in the massage chair having my feet massaged, I read one of the magazines they had laying around. Obviously I chose the food magazine Clean Eating. It was the best choice I've made in weeks. There were at least 10 recipes I needed to steal from it. It was the September/October issue. I went to Barnes & Noble (my mecca) to pick up a copy and wouldn't you know it? They had the November/December issue out and old one was nowhere to be found. I subscribed for it online and ordered this month's back issue because the recipes were THAT good.

This post has been sitting on my computer for 7 hours, waiting to actually be published. I suppose now is a good time to click that button. Stay tuned for tomorrow's amazing dish, that has yet to be decided upon...

1 comment:

Aunt Marea said...

OMG I can hardly wait!! would love to check out the magazine you were looking at, sounds different! Happy cooking!