Thursday, December 12, 2013

From the Box: Hickory BBQ Beef

I rarely make the same thing twice, with the exception of some basic weeknight meals, such as steak tips, stir-frys, spaghetti, etc. I love to grab easy dinner starters at the store for those nights when I need something quick, but then I end up finding recipes on Pinterest or elsewhere to make, and our cabinets end up overloaded with unused items. This past week I decided it was time to use some things we already have here at home. Kraft makes recipe starters, and this shredded beef one looked great. No only do you just have to buy a beef roast for it, but it's in the crock pot. There is literally no work to this other than putting the beef in the crock pot, then pouring two items into the crock pot, and taking 2 minutes (or less) to shred the beef. I spent 3 minutes this morning preparing it. I took the beef out of the fridge, put it in the crock pot and then poured the bottle of simmer sauce on it. I turned the crock pot to low and left for work. I am not a morning person, so this is just about the only meal prep you'll ever see me do before work.


Grab one of these (or another variety) off the shelf. This was great. Sometimes, pre-packaged seasonings and sauces are too salty, but this wasn't. I even tasted the beef after it cooked with simmer sauce (pre-bbq sauce) and it was great that way. I'll definitely be trying more varieties of these recipe makers.

Hickory BBQ Beef

1 package Kraft Recipe Makers Hickory BBQ Beef
includes: simmer sauce and finishing sauce
1 (2-2.5 lb) beef chuck roast
sandwich rolls

1. Place beef roast in the crock pot. Top with included brown sugar and cider vinegar simmer sauce.
2. Cook on low 8-10 hours.
3. Shred the beef and pour in the included sweet hickory BBQ sauce. Mix, heat through and serve.

I ate mine on a bulky roll with a little bit of creamy bacon ranch dressing, because why not? The meet was tender and the sauces are full of flavor.

No comments: