Sunday, December 29, 2013

Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt Cakes

Are these actually mini bundt cakes or just mini fluted cakes? Bundt cakes have a traditional shape, and they make mini bundt pans, but they also make mini fluted cake pans, which I got two of for Christmas (awesome!), so which ones are these exactly? After answering that question, and ignoring that really long run-on sentence, we can move on to what's important - the food!

Now that all Christmas celebrations are over, I can finally share my goodies. Here are some things I received:

Large storage bins for the basement (desperately needed)
Lots of awesome stocking stuffers (nail polish, socks, earrings, etc)
Three awesome cardigans
A sweet Bruins long sleeve shirt
Winter hat and North Face Gloves
Driving gloves with the touch screen sensor in them so I can use my phone while wearing them
2 mini fluted cake pans (featured below!)
Cupcake boxes and liners
A cupcake frosting tip set
A giant frosting tip that I've been waiting for
A Santa decoration display
A three-tired cupcake display stand
A recipe journal
A cupcake batter dispenser
Homemade hand warmers
Gift cards to TJ-Maxx, Home Depot and Petco
A 3-crock slow cooker (score!)
A 3-tired cooling rack (also featured below)
A nice fleece zip-up
And these two gems that I've had on my wish list since last Christmas

Whipped cream dispenser!!

Kitchen torch!!!
There are other things I got that I forgot to list, not because they aren't important, but I was just very blessed and fortunate and got so many great things this year! So what is the first thing made with some of my new Christmas kitchen gear?




Yeah, I got right to it with my mini fluted cake pans and three-tiered cooling rack. I saw this recipe a few weeks ago when browsing Pinterest (where else?) and it prompted me to add the mini fluted cake pans to my Amazon wish list. I ended up with two of them, which I couldn't be happier about!

This recipe was super easy. The website I got it from (follow the link below), adapted it from a pumpkin bread recipe. I'd love to try the bread recipe as well, these were soooooo good. Not overly sweet, but hit the spot when you're looking for a fresh baked goodie to snack on on a cold rainy night like tonight. The recipe didn't say how much to fill the cake molds, so I did 3/4 full, which puffed up a little bit more than I wanted. Next time, I'll fill them half full. If you like bundt cakes, check out the Food Librarian website. She did 30 days of bundt cakes....I wish I could make something for 30 days straight, but I like to switch it up too much.

Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt Cakes
from The Food Librarian

1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice (or 1/2 tbsp. each of cinnamon and nutmeg)
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1 and 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 can of pumpkin puree
1/2 cup canola oil
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup chocolate chips

powdered sugar for sprinkling (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350 and spray 2 mini bundt or fluted cake pans with cooking spray.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, spices, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate medium mixing bowl, combine the sugar, pumpkin, oil, eggs, vanilla and water. Mix until smooth.
4. Blend in the flour mix and mix until combined.
5. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Fill each cake mold half full and bake for 20 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
7. Let cool and sprinkle with some powdered sugar.




No comments: