Sunday, May 1, 2011

Chocolate Mint Parfaits

Today is Chocolate Parfait Day. I browsed through some parfait recipes and many of the chocolate ones were more chocolate and peanut butter parfaits, with a big emphasis on the peanut butter. So, after quite a search, I decided that parfaits are a no-brainer dessert and I could do without a recipe. I was correct and it was delicious. The following recipe is what I wanted to use to make these. Unfortunately, I could find any of the chocolate mousse mixes I used to buy all the time, and I didn't have time to make a mousse, so I used Jello Mousse temptation cups.

Chocolate Mint Parfaits
Makes 4

32 Thin Mint Cookies, crushed
1 pkg. instant chocolate pudding, prepared according to package directions
1 pkg. chocolate mousse mix, prepared according to package directions
Whipped cream

1. Crush the thin mint cookies to pieces however small you want them.
2. Sprinkle a layer of cookies into the bottom of a small serving dish (about 4 cookies). Spoon a layer of chocolate pudding on top. Sprinkle another layer of cookies on top of pudding (about 4 cookies). Spoon a layer of mousse on top. Top with whipped topping and a piece of a cookie if desired.

Cookies 
Pudding 
Mousse
Parfait!

You are now free to make them and quote donkey from Shrek as he talks about parfaits.  

"I ain't never met someone who didn't like parfait. You never hear someone say, "Hey, you want some parfait?" "Hell no, I don't want no parfait!"

No comments: