Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Proscuitto Wrapped Shrimp

Happy Shrimp Day!

I had these great shrimp rolls planned, and earlier today I was just feeling sorta "blah" and wasn't looking forward to coming home to make a very time consuming dinner. I decided that a shrimp side would be better, which I
paired with....Shake & Bake Chicken and Rice a Roni.

I know what you're all thinking...

"But Sarah, you cook up all these difficult things and you settled with Shake & Bake?!"

Yes, I did.

I also realized why they call is Rice a Roni...because it has orzo pasta in it. I never realized that...though I've also never made it, but I've eaten it plenty of times. I realized it when the directions said to pour the rice pasta mix into the pan...and I went "pasta?!" Then it hit me..

rice a roni...... mac a roni

Clever marketing.

Before I get to the recipe (which is ridiculously easy), let me share some other shrimp dishes I've made in the past in honor of Shrimp Day.

Chorizo, Shrimp, and Corn Stuffed Peppers

Shrimp and Mango Curry

Sweet & Hot Shrimp Tacos

Shrimp Polenta Pizzas

Shrimp and Corn Chowder

  
Szechuan Shrimp


Shrimp with Parmesan Cream Sauce

Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp
from somewhere on the net

20 jumbo shrimp, cooked, tails removed
1 pkg thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into enough strips to cover shrimp
6-8 tbsp. butter, softened
1 tbsp. jarred minced garlic
2 tbsp. garlic powder (I used Tastefully Simples Garlic Garlic Seasoning)

1. Mix the butter, minced garlic and garlic seasoning together until well blended.
2. Lay out a strip of prosciutto. Cover both sides of shrimp with garlic butter.Roll up the shrimp in the prosciutto.
3. Repeat until all shrimp wrapped.
4. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and fry shrimp over med-high heat until prosciutto has slightly crispy and shrimp are heated through.

I know it doesn't look appetizing, but it is!

No comments: