Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cinco de Mayo!

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Whenever I get to cook in the classroom I get really excited...especially when my girls compliment me on my "impressive skills" pertaining to me chopping up veggies. My girls in the class are pretty finicky eaters, so the eating part went mostly to the teachers, but we still had fun. Here's what we made:

Mexican Casserole

We couldn't wait to dig in...
Apple Pie Enchiladas
Totally Awesome
Sombrero Cookies
Ole! 
Sombrero cookies are absurdly easy if you use break and bake sugar cookies. All you need are some baked sugar cookies, icing tubes and gumdrops. Place some icing in the middle of a cookie and stick a gumdrop on top. Then decorate around it. These were my cookies, the girls ate theirs right after they finished decorating them.

Now I'm off for my favorite Cinco de Mayo treat....mango margaritas and cervezas!

No comments: